“We work with what you have”
Product sales do not influence our recommendation for the best solution. Usually simple changes like chair adjustment or moving the fixed height of a work surface are the best and most cost-effective solutions. There are plenty of very sophisticated ergonomic products, but basic changes to the chair and work surface are usually sufficient. Most importantly, every client organization has a different set of challenges and opportunities, and our goal is to provide the least intrusive, and the most reasonable solution to solve the problem.
Some vendors may promote ergonomics products that claim to eliminate health risks that may not apply to the workforce. Our professional services include a review of the most current literature (See Sit or Stand?) understanding what health risks were measured, and what respected research studies tell us about how different solutions work over the long term. In some cases, the added cost and features of a height-adjustable table may not solve the original problem, although it may be a good choice in another setting. A poorly informed decision about some solutions may actually increase the worker’s health risk! Nobody wants to make a bad decision about health risk, and our experience with thousands of client results allows the employer and the employee to choose an effective solution with confidence.
We offer comprehensive solutions in any business setting:
- We can meet with someone who has pain symptoms at work. Ideally, call us before a doctor is needed, and we can save a lot of time and money.
- Small groups (less than 25 people) can be managed more efficiently than a single visit for time and cost. We meet with the group to clarify the most typical questions and solutions, then meet individually at the desk
- Offer solutions to reconfigure work areas or provide design changes
- Address management concerns about furniture selection
- Review basic ergonomics policies and procedures
The ActivSeating™ method is available as an online course (ActivSeatingCourse.com) to teach a higher standard of practice for the ergonomics professional. The course will show the method and research that make this approach so successful, and how to measure each client’s outcome. A practical skills class to demonstrate competent solutions for real-world situations is also available to the consultants who complete the course. A very important part of that competence is to follow-up with clients to document the outcome for the changes we make.