This video shows how to find the chair height as a precise measurement done in a particular way to challenge the strength of the legs. There is a height that is seen and felt when we get the balance point for the torso.
- Start with the seat pan level.
- Keeping the feet in one place, move the chair front to back, then side to side
- Watch for the effort needed to move the chair.
- Lower the chair (1/4-1/2 inch) and repeat the movement
- Notice the effort seems less, and the chair moves more readily.
- Continue to test different heights until the easiest height is found
- Measure the elbow and eye height to locate the workstation and monitor heights